The State of Oklahoma issues the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate™ as an assessment-based credential powered by ACT WorkKeys®.
Oklahoma's National Career Readiness Certificate
The ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is an industry-recognized, portable, research-based credential that certifies essential skills needed for workplace success.
This credential is used across all sectors of the economy and documents the following cognitive skills:
- Critical thinking.
- Reading and using work-related text.
- Applying information from workplace documents to solve problems.
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems.
- Setting up and performing work-related mathematical calculations.
- Locating, synthesizing, and applying information that is presented graphically.
- Comparing, summarizing, and analyzing information presented in multiple related graphics.
Individuals can earn the ACT NCRC by taking three WorkKeys® assessments.
- Applied Math
- Graphic Literacy
- Workplace Documents
WorkKeys assessments measure real-world skills that employers believe are critical to job success. Test questions are based on situations in the everyday work world.
Ottawa County is the first community in Oklahoma to join ACT's Certified Work Ready Community economic development initiative. For more information, visit ACT Certified Work Ready Communities.