Oklahoma Career Clusters
Career Clusters link what students learn in school with the knowledge and skills they need for success in college and careers. The Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education provides leadership, resources and technical assistance to schools across Oklahoma implementing clusters. We have developed the instructional framework based on the following seventeen career clusters.
17 Career Clusters
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Business Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
For Career Major Requests
Career Cluster Resources
Career Clusters provide a way for schools to organize instruction and student experiences around 17 broad categories that encompass virtually all occupations from entry through professional levels. Included here are customized School District Career Cluster Plans of Study, activities, assessments, and other materials that can be used as resources for working with students using Career Clusters.
Oklahoma Career Clusters at a Glance
Career clusters are comprised of a wide variety of related career majors. Career majors are comprised of a sequence of courses that vary in length. Successful career major completion leads to employment and/or postsecondary enrollment.
Career Clusters Vision:
- "Embracing the Challenge" - Sharing the Career Clusters Vision: Why, What and How? Download this eight page brochure that answers these questions.
- "A Vision for the Future" - Oklahoma's Career and Technology Education Career Clusters Design White Paper