Skip to main content

Teacher Certification

Paths to a standard teaching certificate:

A standard certificate may be obtained by successful completion of a university education program.                           

- See OEQA for approved university programs.

An alternative standard certificate may be obtained by completing the Alternative Placement Program.

- See Alternative Placement Program for requirements and available area certifications.

A teacher that already holds a standard certificate may take tests to add additional certification areas.

A Technology Center Certificate is available to Technology Center instructors.

- See Technology Center Certificate for details.

Provisional Teaching Certificate

Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education may issue a provisional certificate to new teachers that have two years of full time experience in a subject area in which they have been employed to teach. The teacher may or may not hold a college degree or standard teaching certificate. While teaching on a provisional certificate, the teacher is required to complete credit hours toward a degree. A teacher may also need a provisional certificate while applying to the Alternative Placement Program. 

Oklahoma State Department of Education Links

For more information contact:
Laurie Richison
CareerTech Certification Specialist

Last Modified on Sep 13, 2022
Back to Top