Health Science Careers Certification for Educators
For all certification contact Laurie Richison:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-743-5482
In addition to the above requirements, all teachers must attend the annual Summer Conference and any other called professional meetings or workshops for certification and/or re-certification. A telephone call of explanation followed by a letter to the State Program Manager is required if the teacher is going to miss a meeting. Absences must be approved by the State Program Manager.
Resources and Forms
- Superintendent's Verification of Employment
- Map to the Oliver Hodge Bldg, State Dept of Education
- Fingerprinting: Initiate a Fingerprinting and National Background Check. This is required for all new teachers, as a Teaching Certificate will NOT be issued until results are received by the State Department of Education. Two options are available for fingerprinting: you may have prints taken at the State Department of Education or at one of the SDE satellite sites around the state. See the link above for more information, or the link at http://www.l1enrollment.com/state/?st=ok for locations and scheduling information.
- Background Check: https://sde.ok.gov/background-check-teaching-certificate