19th Annual For Counselors Only Conference
Breakout Sessions Presentations & Handouts
- Testing Information, Certifications - Jennifer Palacio, Digital Badging -Corey Clapp
- Show What You Know OK – Simplifying Prior Learning for Oklahoma Students for Completion -Presentation and handout -Angel Icenhour
- PANDAS and PANS in the School Setting: Helpful Information for School Counselors -Amy Cross
- Job Search Tools an Activities to Prepare Students for Post-Seconday Employment - Kathryn Willhoite and Landon Coyle
- Oklahoma Money Matters: Your Go to for Financial Literacy Information, Assistance and Resources -Susan Faulk
- Everything You Need to Know about Section 504- Carolyn Thomas and Lori Chesnut
- Small Groups Made Easy - Dr. Erin Nation
- Mindfulness: Everyday Strategies Anyone Can Implement - Kelly Falkner
- Accreditation for Counselors - Ryan Pieper, Jenna Jones
10:00 - 10:50 a.m.
- Perkins Innovative Grants and handouts - Jordan Duck
- Aerospace Programs -Tonja Norwood
- Innovative Strategies to Motivate and Build Resilience in Every Student- Hans Magbley
- Transition Services of Oklahoma - Creating Opportunities for Youthwith Disabilities – Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) and Pre-ETS (OU) - Renee Sansom
- OKCareerGuide: Key Things To Know! - John Milroy
- Career Academic Planning -Marissa Lightsey, Jennifer Peters
- Elementary School Counseling Best Practices -Sarah Kirk, Kim Gammon, Sheri Ingham
- Destination:Calm -Kari Dyer, Dr. Lea Ann Garcia
- Creating Resilience and Collective Well-Being - Cheryl Step
11:00 - 11:50 a.m.
- Help Your Students Get Their High School Equivalency Diploma by Taking the GED or HiSET Test- Lance Allee
- Middle School Career Exploration -Tonja Norwood
- Completing ICAP Activities through Higher Education Partnerships: How OSU Institute of Technology is Leading the Way -Jake Murphy, Dr. Ina Agnew
- Project-Based Learning in English Language Arts - Jason Stephenson
- OKCareerGuide:ICAP For Your Students & You-John Milroy
- Oklahoma’s Promise 101- Carol Alexander
- Career Exploration for Elementary Pre-K through 5th Grade presentation and galaxy curriculum -K- 4 -Nathan Brubaker
- Concurrent Enrollment Updates - Dr. Colbi Beam
- Navigating a Crisis in Your Building- Michelle Strain
1:00 - 1:50 p.m.
- UpskillOK - Career-Focused Credentials - Brad Griffith, Tracey Romano
- SOUTHERN TECH’S SOWING CAREER SEEDSThe Recruitment Life Cycle of a Career Tech Student -Stephanie Bills, Shannon McElroy, Shelly Lewis
- A Personal and Professional Journey connecting Student, Family, School, and Community - Tashina Tahdooahnippah, Anita Pahsetopah, Scott Marlow
- Implementing Individual Career Academic Plans with Students with Disabilities -Lori Chesnut
- What's Going On with the FAFSA- (FAFSA Simplification flyer) and
(FAFSA Simplification ACT -Presentation) Letha Huddleston, Robbie Leftwich
- Creating & Implementing ICAP Events for 9-12 Grade- Kelley Rampey, Dr. Ina Agnew
Mock Interview Planning Template
Industry HS ICAP Solicitation
Mock Interview Rubric
Career Fair invitation
Mock Interview 9th Grade
Mock Interview Volunteer List
Career Talks Email Solicitation
Mock Interview Questions
- Q and A Panel for First Year High School Counselors- Julie Childers, Ashton Frisby, Annette Long
- PK-8th School Counselor's Ultimate Classroom Workout - Sarah Northcutt, Anna Black
- Engaging Students in Fun and Holistic Activities to Understand theirCareer Self-Awareness - Kathryn Willhoite, Diane Walker
- Creating a Culture of Collective Care- Amy Whitewater
2:00 -2:50 p.m.
- We Want You! Oklahoma Teacher Connection Scholarships & Resources - Jess Tucker ,Dr. Melissa Brevetti
- What is the Academic Common Market? - Jenny Wood
- Developing a Summer Bridge Program -Cliff Morgan
- Work-Based Learning Plugins - Nathan Brubaker
- OKcollegestart: Updates & Reminders- Theresa Shaklee, Lyndsay Schoenhals
- Academic Advisement for 1st year counselors- Ashton Frisby, Jenna Jones
- Care Team- Brenda Louthan- Ashley Miller, Dixie Williams
- Postsecondary Pathways - Brian Cain
- The Elephant in the Room: One District’s Approach to Teen Substance Use- Cindy Bartley, Candis Rodgers and Kayla Willbourn
This year’s annual conference will be held March 8, 2023, in Oklahoma City at Metro Technology Center – Springlake campus. We are looking forward to building on last year’s conference attendee record by providing you with the best possible conference experience!
The agenda for 2023 conference is shaping up to provide amazing and diverse sessions for attendees to learn about relevant topics, strategies and network opportunities with peers and exhibitors!
We look forward to seeing you in Oklahoma City!
Ready to share your unique knowledge and skills with your peers? Submit a Proposal to Present!
At the heart of any conference are the breakout sessions offering meaningful, peer-led content. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present on topics that matter to you!.
Exhibitor & Sponsorship Opportunities
If you want to reach an audience of influential educators who want to learn and bring high-quality resources and services back to their students and schools, then consider joining us in Oklahoma City.
Keynote speaker from 2022, Jill Donovan, Rustic Cuff Founder held at
Tulsa Technology Center, Owasso campus.