Skip to main content

Waste Disposal Facility License

Quick Links


A medical marijuana waste disposal facility license authorizes the licensee to dispose of medical marijuana. The waste disposal facility license also authorizes licensees to transport medical marijuana waste.

Once licenses are granted, licensed entities may apply for waste disposal facility permits for additional locations.

A submitted application does NOT guarantee a license will be granted, even if the applicant meets the minimum requirements.

To be eligible for a waste disposal facility license, applicants MUST have a current permit from the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality. Applicants must also meet all the minimum requirements listed below to be considered.

Owners and officers must pass a background check. Waste facilities must provide proof the nearest perimeter wall is not within 1,000 feet of the property line for any public or private school.

Licensed waste facilities must comply with Title 63 O.S. § 420 et seq. and the Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 442:10. Licenses are valid for one year.

The non-refundable application fee is $5,000 plus a $114.55 credit card processing fee.

Other restrictions and requirements apply. See the Commercial Application Checklist, our FAQs and our rules for more information.

How-To Video (Applications)

New Businesses

Business Renewals


  • Applicants must have, and provide in the OMMA application, a permit from the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
  • Applicants must show proof of sufficient liability insurance or a letter of insurability from the insurance company showing the following minimum amounts:
    • Commercial General Liability: $5 million each occurrence.
    • Pollution Legal Liability: $5 million each occurrence.
  • Applicants must be 25 or older.
  • Individual applicants must be Oklahoma residents.
  • Members, managers, and board members of entity applicants must all be Oklahoma residents.
  • Entities must show that at least 75% ownership is held by an Oklahoma resident.
  • All owners and officers must provide a background check; existence of a nonviolent felony conviction in the last two years and/or any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.
  • The licensee must attest the facility's nearest perimeter wall is not within 1,000 feet of the property line for any public or private school.
  • Unless the business entity is a sole proprietorship or general partnership, the applying entity must submit a copy of the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s certificate of good standing document. For more information, visit the Secretary of State’s website.
  • Applicants must provide proof that they are not within 1,000 feet of any entrance to any public or private school.
  • Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:
    • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
    • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
    • U.S. passport or other photo identification issued by the U.S. government
    • Tribal identification card approved for identification purposes by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety:  
      • U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or Oklahoma tribal photo identification cards: Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma, Kiowa, Comanche, Apache of Oklahoma, Absentee Shawnee, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Choctaw, Delaware, Caddo Nation of Oklahoma issued on or after Jan. 8, 2008.
  • Oklahoma residency can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the documents below:
    • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
    • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
    • Utility bills, excluding cellular telephone and internet bills
    • A residential property deed to property in the State of Oklahoma
    • A current rental agreement for residential property located in the State of Oklahoma
    • State of Oklahoma tax returns
    • Other documentation deemed sufficient by OMMA
  • Each owner will need to supply an Affidavit of Lawful Presence Form and supporting documentation if they are not a U.S. citizen.

The application fee for a research or education license is $5,000. Application fees will be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card. An additional credit card processing fee will be added to the transaction. These application and processing fees are non-refundable. The payment will not be refunded for applications not approved.

Notify OMMA by filling out our Notice of Loss/Theft Form as soon as you realize product is unaccounted for because of a natural disaster. Please provide the business name, license number and details about the missing product, including Metrc RFID tag numbers if known.

Go to our Change of Ownership page for details.

A new attestation form along with the state background check will temporarily meet the national background check requirement included in HB 2095 (2023). All persons of interest and Transporter Agents must upload:

You may find rule citations on this page helpful. For a more comprehensive understanding, review all OMMA Rules at If you have questions about the rules, OMMA encourages you to seek legal counsel.

Last Modified on May 03, 2024