Oklahoma’s Living Choice program gives eligible Oklahomans the opportunity to live in their own homes in a community setting while receiving the necessary services and support to meet their needs. The Medicaid program is designed to transform the current long-term care system by promoting home and community-based care instead of institutional care.
With the right support, many individuals can regain their independence as active, engaged community members. Living Choice offers various community-based services to help make the move successful.
Living Choice has transitioned approximately 1,000 Oklahomans and saved the state over $9 million.
COVERED SERVICES MAY INCLUDE:
- Case management
- Personal care
- Prescription drugs
- Self-direction services
- Home-delivered meals
- Adult day care
- Assisted living
- Skilled nursing
- Private-duty nursing
- Therapy (physical, occupational and speech)
- Transitional funds to help facilitate the move (one-time benefit of up to $2,400)
- Additional services may be available based on need
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Oklahoma's Living Choice program offers services to individuals with physical disabilities aged 19-64, individuals with chronic illnesses aged 65 and older, and individuals with intellectual disabilities aged 19 and older. In addition to these categorical age requirements, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Have resided in an institutional setting continuously for a minimum of 60 days.
- Qualify for SoonerCare for at least one day before the transition.
- Have a desire to transition back into the community.
- Be willing to actively participate in their plan of care.
- A family member, health care professional or any other interested party may make program referrals.
Applications, referral forms and other resources are listed on this page.
Melissa Connor - Oklahoma’s Living Choice “changed my life.”
Ralph Heiser - Oklahoma’s Living Choice “helped me get my life back on track and help me feel better about myself.”
Billy Cummings - “I really appreciate the liberty.”
Charles Ingram - Charles loves playing guitar and cooking for himself and his neighbors. Living Choice gave has helped me "live my dream life."
- Fax to 405-530-7265
- Mail to:
Oklahoma Health Care Authority
Attention: Living Choice
4345 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Submit applications and referrals:
Electronic Visit Verification
Case Management Forms
- Alternative Funds Invoice
- Alternative Funds Request Form
- Case Management Monthly Report
- Case Notes | 1 | 2 | 3
- Community Backup Plan
- Community Service Plan Addendum
- Community Service Plan Authorization Request Checklist
- Community Service Plan Goals & Outcomes
- Community Service Plan
- Critical Incident Report Evaluation
- Critical Incident Report Investigation
- Environmental Modification Permission and Verification
- Five Day Follow Up
- OHCA Waivers & Demonstration Attestation of Conflict-Free Case Management
- Participant Consents and Rights
- Provider Communication
- Release of Information
- Transition Funds Request
- Withdrawal Discharge Evaluation