Skip to main content

Call the helpline at 800-987-7767, option 5, and talk to choice counselors to change your SoonerSelect health plan!

OHCA Policies and Rules

317:30-5-53. Newborn care

[Issued 1-05-95]

The county Department of Human Services office where the mother resides must be notified in writing within five days of the child's birth in order for an individual person code to be assigned to the newborn. A claim may then be filed for nursery charges for the baby under the case number and the baby's name and assigned person code. Nursery charges billed on the mother's person code will be denied. Providers must use Form FSS-NB-1 to notify the county DHS office of the child's birth. Copies of the form may be obtained at the county DHS office.

Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.