OHCA Policies and Rules
317:30-5-661.5. Health Center preventive primary care services
(a) Preventive primary care services, as described in 42 C.F.R 405.2448, are those health services that:
(1) A Health Center is required to provide as preventive primary health services under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act;
(2) Are furnished by or under the direct supervision of a physician, PA, APRN, CNM, CP, CSW or other approved health care professional as authorized in the approved FQHC State Plan pages;
(3) Are furnished by a member of the Health Center's health care staff who is an employee of the Center or provides services under arrangements with the Center; and
(4) Includes only drugs and biologicals that cannot be self-administered.
(b) Preventive primary care services which may be paid for when provided by Health Centers include:
(1) Medical social services;
(2) Nutritional assessment and referral;
(3) Preventive health education;
(4) Children's eye and ear examinations;
(5) Prenatal and post-partum care;
(6) Perinatal services;
(7) Well child care, including periodic screening (refer to OAC 317:30-3-65);
(8) Immunizations, including tetanus-diphtheria booster and influenza vaccine;
(9) Family planning services;
(10) Taking patient history;
(11) Blood pressure measurement;
(13) Physical examination targeted to risk;
(14) Visual acuity screening;
(15) Hearing screening;
(16) Cholesterol screening;
(17) Stool testing for occult blood;
(18) Dipstick urinalysis;
(19) Risk assessment and initial counseling regarding risks;
(20) Tuberculosis testing for high risk patients;
(21) Clinical breast exam;
(22) Referral for mammography; and
(23) Thyroid function test.
(24) Dental services (specified procedure codes).
(c) Primary care services do not include:
(1) Health education classes, or group education activities, including media productions and publications, group or mass information programs;
(2) Eyeglasses, hearing aids or preventive dental services (except under EPSDT);
(3) Screening mammography provided at a Health Center unless the Center meets the requirements as specified in OAC 317:30-5-900; and
(4) Vaccines covered by the Vaccines for Children program (refer to OAC 317:30-5-14).
Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.