Skip to main content

OHCA Policies and Rules

317:35-9-77. Case transfer between categories

[Revised 06-26-00]

If it becomes necessary to transfer a Medicaid long-term care case from one category to another because of change of age, income, or marital status, a new application is not required. If someone other than the client or guardian signed the original application form and the transfer is to a money payment case, an application with the client's signature is required. The new case is certified retaining the original certification date and redetermination date, using the appropriate code for transfer from the old category and the appropriate effective date which coincides with the closure of the previous case category. Recipients and appropriate medical providers are notified of the new case number and category by computer generated notice.

Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.