Skip to main content

Call the helpline at 800-987-7767, option 5, and talk to choice counselors to change your SoonerSelect health plan!

OHCA Policies and Rules

317:30-5-391. Coverage for skilled nursing services

[Revised 09-14-2020]

(a) All skilled nursing services must be ordered and prescribed by a physician, supported by a nursing plan of care, included in the individual plan as described in Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 340:100-5-53 and reflected in the plan of care approved in accordance with OAC 340:100-3-33 and 340:100-3-33.1. For purposes of this Section, a physician is defined as all licensed medical and osteopathic physicians, physician assistants (PAs) and advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) in accordance with the rules and regulations covering the OHCA's medical care program. Arrangements for waiver skilled nursing services are made through the personal support team with the specific involvement of the assigned Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) registered nurse (RN). The DDSD RN develops a nursing service support plan subject to review and authorization by the DDSD state nursing director or designee.

(b) Skilled nursing services are rendered in such a manner as to provide the service recipient as much autonomy as possible.

(1) Skilled nursing services must be flexible and responsive to changes in the service recipient's needs.

(2) Providers are expected to participate in annual personal support team meetings and other team meetings as required.

(3) Appropriate supervision of skilled nursing services including services provided by licensed practical nurses (LPNs) is provided pursuant to State law and regulatory board requirements.

(4) Individual service providers must be RNs or LPNs currently licensed and in good standing in the state in which services are provided.

Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.