OK FluView: Weekly Influenza Activity Summary
The purpose of the influenza statistics page is to provide summaries of influenza information obtained from the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) Acute Disease Service (ADS) influenza surveillance system which includes outpatient influenza-like illness sentinel surveillance, influenza-associated hospitalizations and deaths, and OSDH Public Health Laboratory (PHL) testing data.
Weekly reports will be published by 10:00 am every Thursday throughout the 2022-2023 influenza season until it ends the third week of May 2023.
Influenza-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance for 2022-2023 Season
Number of Reported Influenza-Associated Hospitalizations and Deaths, Oklahoma
Number of New Hospitalizations Reported WITH TESTING between
November 20 - November 26, 2022
Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between
September 1, 2022 - November 19, 2022
Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since
September 1, 2022
Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between
nOVEMBER 20 - November 26, 2022
Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between
September 1, 2022 - NOVEMBER 19, 2022
Cumulative Deaths Since
September 1, 2022
Sentinel Surveillance Summary for November 20 - November 26, 2022.
- The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 7.0% (1396/19884).
- 28.7% (2138/7451) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 86% were influenza A.
- 9.8% (155/1583) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
1Influenza-like illness (ILI) is defined as having a fever (>100°F) combined with a cough and/or a sore throat.
- Weekly Hospitalizations by Week of Positive Influenza Test
- Influenza Hospitalizations by County
- Influenza Hospitalizations and Deaths by Region
- Influenza Hospitalizations and Deaths by Age Group
- Weekly Percent of Influenza-like Illness Based on Total Patient Visits to Sentinel Clinicians
- Weekly Influenza-Associated Hospitalizations Graph 2019-2022
- Weekly Percent Positive Influenza Testing Graph 2018-2022
- Weekly Sentinel Lab Number, Type, and Percent Positive Influenza Testing Graph 2021-2022
- Weekly Viral Respiratory Testing Table
- Weekly Percent Positive RSV Testing Graph 2019-2022
- Historical Influenza Hospitalizations and Deaths