The Fall 2023 Public Library Academy Certification Classes are now available.
Classes are open to staff in public and tribal libraries.
All registrations will be processed online using Eventbrite. This system allows you to verify you are registered. There is a limit of 20 per class, and classes will not be held if less than 5 people register. You will be notified by e-mail if a class has been cancelled. If any classes are full, you will be able to place your name on a waiting list if you register with an email address.
All class content is available to view and download on the Library Academy Website.
How to Think Like a Librarian – pre-requisite for all other classes
- Tuesday, September 5, 1:00-3:00pm – Mustang Public Library
- Wednesday, September 27, 1:00-3:00pm – Latimer County Public Library, Wilburton
- Wednesday, September 6, 10:00am-3:30pm – Weatherford Public Library
- Tuesday, September 12, 10:00am-3:30pm – Hartshorne Public Library
- Wednesday, October 4, 10:00am-3:30pm – Thomas J. Harrison Pryor Public Library
Public Library Administration
- Thursday, September 14, 10:00am-3:30pm – Chickasha Public Library
- Thursday, September 21, 10:00am-3:30pm – Okeene Public Library
- Tuesday, September 26, 10:00am-3:30pm – Pawhuska Public Library
Programming and Outreach
All the Public Library Academy certification classes are also available online.
Request access by visiting the Public Library Academy Certification Courses page on Niche Academy and creating an account. You will receive an email when access has been approved.