Licensing specialists, supervisors and regional program managers are located throughout the state in DHS county offices.
Licensing staff are responsible for:
- Accepting applications and approving recommendations for licensure of child care providers
- Monitoring programs a minimum of three times annually for compliance with licensing
requirements and Stars quality criteria;
- Investigating complaints;
- Recommending revocation of a license or denial of an application when a program fails to meet or
- Maintaining information on a database for accountability and parent referrals; and
- Maintaining involvement in community child care issues and promoting
Contact by email
Phone: (405) 521-3561
Fax: (405) 522-2564
PO BOX 25352
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0352
Use the Child Care Locator/Summary of Program Monitoring to view a summary of program monitoring reports for your a child care program or to search for quality child care in Oklahoma. View the Child Care Locator Fact Sheet.