Elder Abuse Resources
If you suspect that an Oklahoma elder is the victim of abuse, neglect or exploitation, please visit abuseisnotok.org or call the Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-522-3511.
- OKDHS Services
- OKDHS' Aging Services contracts with 11 Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) in Oklahoma to provide free services to older residents 60 years and older.
- Do you have limited resources or income? Do you have to choose between your monthly prescriptions and other expenses? Oklahoma Human Services offers programs to help low-income seniors and persons with disabilities to apply for two programs that help pay for their Medicare expenses.
- The OKDHS Aged, Blind and Disabled (ABD) program provides SoonerCare (Medicaid) services to aged, blind and disabled persons who meet eligibility criteria. In some instances, these individuals may be eligible for a small cash assistance payment.
- The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program serves residents in Oklahoma's long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, assisted living and similar adult care homes. An ombudsman helps improve the quality of life and the quality of care available to long-term care facility residents.
- If you need help with Domestic Violence resources, visit http://www.okdhs.org/purpleribbon/Pages/default.aspx.
- If you need assistance with your OKDHS services, reach out to your worker or visit OKDHSlive.org or OKBenefits.org.
- Connect with the Be a Neighbor initiative at BeANeighbor.org for help with a wide assortment of local services in your community.
- Community Services
- If you have any information about Medicaid provider fraud or patient abuse, please report it to Attorney General Mike Hunter's Medicaid Fraud Unit at (405) 522-2963 or complete the form.
- Sunbeam Family Services offers an array of senior services, including Senior Engagement Services and a Senior Shelter.
- Connect with your local Health Department by visiting ok.gov.
- Contact a local mental health provider by working with the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services at oklahoma.gov.
- Get involved with local support groups. Call 2-1-1 or visit 211oklahoma.org/.
- AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. Visit https://www.aarp.org/.
- Domestic Violence Intervention Services (DVIS) offers services to assist those affected by abuse in later life through advocacy, shelter, counseling and education.
- Life Senior Services provides solutions that allow older adults to maintain their independence.
- Legal Services
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc. provides civil legal assistance to low-income persons throughout Oklahoma.