Child care subsidy is available through the federal Child Care and Development Block Grant. It helps parents pay for licensed child care while they are at work, in training or getting an education. It also helps prevent neglect or abuse that can occur when children are left alone or with unqualified caregivers.
Phone: (405) 521-3431
P.O. Box 25352
OKC, OK 73125
- Program Benefits
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply
- Related Links
Subsidized child care benefits ensure high-quality care for children while their parents or guardians are at work, in training, or receiving an education. Subsidized child care benefits may also be provided as part of a protective service plan to prevent abuse, neglect or exploitation. The subsidy is paid directly to the child care provider on the family's behalf. The family may have a copayment for the child care based on their income; and the number of family members and the number of family members needing services.
- How does OKDHS help me pay for child care?
- What ages do my children have to be?
- Will I be interviewed?
- What verification documents will I need to provide for Child Care Subsidy benefits?
- Can I choose any child care provider?
- I just started my job and my employer will not give me proof of my income or work schedule. What can I do?
- How soon will my child care subsidy benefits be approved?
- Will I know if or when my child care subsidy benefits are approved?
- What are the income limits for child care subsidy?
- Do I have to be on welfare to qualify?
- How do I use my child care benefits?
There are other resources that may be of assistance.
- Find a Child Care provider
- Child Care Restricted Registry (JOSHUA'S LIST)
- 2021 Oklahoma Child Care Market Rate Report
- Family & Consumer Sciences: This site of the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service gives information about Children and Families Human Development
- Head Start: This site helps you find a Head Start Program in your area. This site gives general information, income guidelines and the history of the Head Start Program.
- Oklahoma Child Care Resource and Referral Association Inc.: This site gives information on locating your local Resource and Referral Association and other helpful information on locating a child care provider.
- Administration for Children and Families: This site gives information and other helpful links to services for families.
- Child Care Bureau of Administration for Child and Families: This site of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services gives general information about policy, funding and research on Child Care.
- Child Care Licensing Home Page
- Child Care EBT Parent Instruction Video (English)
- Video de instrucción de padres EBT de cuidado infantil (Spanish)