MIPPA: Medicare Improvements for Patients & Providers Act
Do you have limited resources or income? Do you have to choose between your monthly prescriptions and other expenses? Oklahoma Human Services offers programs to help low-income seniors and persons with disabilities to apply for two programs that help pay for their Medicare expenses:
- Low Income Subsidy (LIS) or "Extra Help"
- If you are on Medicare and have trouble paying for your prescription medications you might qualify for this program
- Eligibility varies depending on marital status, income, and resources
- Everyone is encouraged to inquire
- Medicare Savings Program
- Depending on your particular situation you might qualify to have your Part A and/or Part B premiums reduced or eliminated
- Diabetes Supplies & Services
Community Partner Information
Community partnerships are critical to achieving the goals of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA). The MIPPA program is to help states increase outreach and awareness of these valuable benefits to consumers with low incomes. OKDHS values community partner's assistance in connecting potential eligible Medicare beneficiaries with our MIPPA Coordinators. Please see the following informational resources for your use and individuals you may come in contact with. Feel free to make these available in any format that is convenient for you. For bulk copies, presentations, or additional information, contact your MIPPA Coordinator.
For More Information and Presentations, locate your MIPPA Coordinator below.