Skip to main content

Library: Policy

340:40-13-1. Child care arrangements

Revised 10-1-17

(a) Out-of-home child care arrangements.Out-of-home child care is provided outside of the child's home for less than 24 hours per day. • 1 The Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS) purchases out-of-home child care services only from licensed or permitted child care centers and family child care homes.A list of licensed, contracted out-of-home providers is available upon request.

(b) In-home child care arrangements.DHS only approves in-home providers related to the child.Related to means an aunt, uncle, grandparent, great grandparent, or sibling not living in the home per Section 98.41(a)(1) of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations.A parent may choose an in-home provider when an out-of home provider is available.In no instance is housekeeping service approved.The approval is for the child care plan and the person providing care.Refer to Oklahoma Administrative Code 340:40-13-2 for guidelines regarding use and approval of in-home child care.



1.When the parent or caretaker's work schedule requires him or her to leave the child(ren) in child care for over 24 hours on an occasional basis, it is acceptable to approve care after receiving approval from Adult and Family Services Child Care Subsidy staff.


Back to Top