Skip to main content

Psychiatric & Chemical Dependency Certificate of Need

Psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric units and chemical dependency units in general acute hospitals must receive approval under Oklahoma’s Certificate of Need laws before establishing a new facility:

  • Transferring ownership or operation of a facility.

The Department reviews an abbreviated application for these types of projects.  Standard reviews are required for all other types of projects including new facilities.

Note:  The files on this page have been converted to .PDF files. You will need the Adobe™ Acrobat ™ Reader to view the files.  A short-cut is provided on the left in the blue column.


Psychiatric and Chemical Dependency Facility Certificate of Need Act 63 O.S. Section 1-880.1 et seq. (24K)

Unofficial Rules

Certificate of Need Hearings OAC 310:4 (129K)

Standard for Health Care Facility Acquisitions OAC 310:620 (50K)

Standards for Psychiatric and Chemical Dependency Service Beds OAC 310:635 (153K)

Application Forms

Disclosure Statement ODH Form 614 (49K)

Standard Review ODH Form 615, Document 1 of 2 (216K)

Schedule A & B ODH Form 615, Document 2 of 2  (11K)
 ODH Form 706 - Substance Abuse and Psychiatric Services Monthly Report.

Short Review Forms

Facility Acquisition ODH Form 618-P (PDF)

Facility Replacement ODH Form 617

Decrease of beds or change in continuum of care for psychiatric or chemical dependency facility or unit, ODH Form 619 (9K)


Access to the OSDMHSAS "Oklahoma Children's Referrals and Resources Guide" was not available as of August 31, 2017. This guide provides a listing of inpatient and residential psychiatric services and chemical dependency services offered or provided within the state of Oklahoma for persons under eighteen (18) years of age.

Contact Information
Health Facility Systems
1000 NE 10th Street, Room 1010
Oklahoma City, OK  73117

Phone 405.271.6868
Fax 405.271.7360
E-mail Click here to email

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I view or request inspection and licensure records?
A: See 'Related Topics' below.

Q: Where do I make a complaint about nursing home, assisted living, residential care, or adult day care facilities?
A: See 'Related Topics' below.

Related Topics
Back to Top