NOTE: for current licensed wrecker services only
Beginning October 1st, 2021, DPS Wrecker Services Division will begin renewing Wrecker Licenses for Calendar Year 2022.
Renewal fees have increased from $50.00 to $250.00 per 47 O.S. 72 § 953 C
- Wrecker License Renewal Application - Only accepted between October 1 - December 31
- 2021 Wrecker Service Manual
- Wrecker Service Logbook
- 30 Day Form - Report of Stored Vehicle
- Certificate of Insurance (WA Filing)
- Wrecker Inspection Request
- OHP Rotation Request
- Notification of Wrecker Driver
- Fleet/Driver Removal
- Release of Vehicle - Vehicle release form which can be used to assist in presentation items accepted for proof of ownership, identification and insurance (if required by law).
- Release of Personal Property - Per 47 O.S. 72 § 955 (E)
- Affidavit of Death or Incapacitation of Registered Owner - Effective 11/01/2021 per HB 2741
Any independent training applications and supporting documents must be submitted by fax, (405) 425-2031 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org to receive credit approval.
- Student Info Sheet – Use this document for submitting individually obtained training.
- Skills tests may be used for independent, hands-on training given by the wrecker service owner or experienced wrecker operators.
- New Hire Ride-Along Form – Use this document to submit any additional 'on-the-job' new hire training. Instructor/Trainer must have at least ten (10) years of consecutive and current documented wrecker operation experience in law enforcement towing/recovery or at least five (5) years of consecutive and current documented wrecker operation experience in law enforcement towing/recovery with formalized training certifications. (Wrecker Master, TRAA, NATA). Be specific when listing 'Type of Training' (i.e. 4 Point Tie Down, Load/Unload, Vehicle Controls, Cables/Hooks/Chains, etc.)