To strengthen Oklahoma’s equitable response to vaccine distribution, access, and confidence, the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) Immunization Service is extending this Notice of Funding to all public and private colleges and universities in the state of Oklahoma. Each institution can receive a grant up to $100,000 in SFY 2023, with an effective date starting August 1, 2022, or later and ending June 30, 2023.
The purpose of this grant is to provide funding to Oklahoma’ Colleges and Universities to expand awareness and administration coverage of the COVID-19, and other adult age-appropriate vaccines. This reimbursable grant funding opportunity shall provide resources to support and strengthen critical COVID-19 immunization planning and implementation requirements, and accompanying activities, to increase vaccination rates among adult students.
Grant funds should focus on the implementation of activities that build vaccine confidence, engage parents, students, and communities; and ensure vaccines are available in places that are safe, convenient, and trusted.
More than 100 million post-secondary students in the United States experienced an unprecedented disruption to their education when COVID-19 drastically changed their educational environment. Classes went online-only seemingly overnight, and students were sent back to their homes, both domestic and international. Two years later, with COVID vaccine options available, schools have started to welcome their students back to campus.
- Colleges and Universities, public or private, are eligible to apply for grant funds.
- Applications open May 23, 2022 and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until funds or time runs out, whichever comes first.
- Each institution can receive (one) grant up to $100,000.
- The grant funding period is August 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023. Funds must be used by grant recipients no later than June 30, 2023.
Grant Funding Period: August 2022 - June 2023
- Release to Public: May 23, 2022
- Grant Committee Review Begins: June 1, 2022
- Grant Awardees Notified: ASAP, ongoing basis
SMART Objectives Workplan Examples
Please submit all documents as PDF attachments.
Call: (405) 426-8580