Business and Industry Services (BIS) Resources
Business & Industry Services Certification Program
The Business and Industry Certification Program registration has not opened yet. BISCP is designed specifically to provide information, training and resources for new hires (within past 18 months) at local tech centers but anyone in the CareerTech system is welcome to apply.
Welcome to the Business and Industry Services Certification Program
- Registration is TBA per participant. Registration deadline will be announced.
Mission of the Business and Industry Services Certification Program
- We develop and train technology center representatives as Business and Industry Services Coordinators to more effectively meet the training needs of Oklahomans.
Objectives for the BIS Certification Program
- Build an effective human resource network.
- Explain the basics of the Oklahoma CareerTech System.
- Use and improve team building skills.
- Implement results-based interventions.
- Conduct performance consulting and needs assessment.
- Market services to internal and external customers.
- Use and improve communication skills.
- Implement ODCTE documentation and data requirements.
We invite you to recommend the new staff members at your technology district for participation in the program this year.
Eligible participants may be employed in the following positions at local tech centers:
- BIS Director
- Adult Education Director
- Industrial Coordinator
- Adult Coordinator
- Safety Coordinator
- Client-Based Consulting Coordinator (BES, BDP, SET, SBM, MDG, Incubator, OBAN)
- OBAN Coordinator (Bid Assistance)
- Agricultural Business Management Coordinator
- BIS Administrative and support staff