The Instructional Leaders group consists of technology center campus directors, assistant superintendents, site directors and other school administrators, but membership in this group is open to any CareerTech Educator. ODCTE staff and higher education representatives are also members. The Instructional Leaders group informs members on current developments, policies, sharing of best practices, and issues along with their implications on career and technology education. They elect officers to lead this group, and they determine program planning and professional development opportunities based on member feedback.
ODCTE Contact: Karen Talbott
March 2 & 3, 2023 - Kiamichi Tech, Poteau Campus
June 6, 2023 - Canadian Valley Technology Center, Cowan Campus
FCS, HCE, STEM and T&I division resources
Financial Aid Information
Technology Related Links
New Directions Online/Distance Learning
Dr. Steven Aragon, Student & Organizational Success Specialist, has shared resources from a book he edited back in 2002 on online/distance learning. The New Directions series was intended to have more of an application focus rather than research focus so they may offer some ideas. While technology has certainly evolved since this came out, he thinks the ideas/concepts are still applicable. Please contact Dr. Aragon if you have questions. He can provide the full citation if needed.
- Chapter 3: An Instructional Strategy Framework for Online Learning Environments
- Chapter 4: Preparing Instructors for Online Instruction
- Chapter 5: Creating Social Presence in Online Environments
- Chapter 6: Assessing Participation Learning in Online Environments
- Chapter 7: Meeting the Needs of Consumers Lessons from Postsecondary Environments